This Privacy Notice discloses what personal data Venari Security Limited and (“Venari Security,” “we,” “us”, “our”, "the company") may collect about you, and how we use that personal data in connection with our activities, communications, products, services, applications, and websites.
This Privacy Notice applies to all personal data collected and otherwise processed by Venari Security. Please refer to the Venari Security Cookie notice for information on cookies and other tracking technologies Venari Security employs.
We are committed to safeguarding your personal data (or personal data) in line with all applicable laws, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Venari Security is a ‘controller’ of your personal data for the purposes of data protection laws. This means that Venari Security is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you, as described in the notice below.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- How Venari Security collects personal data
- The different types of personal data that are collected
- How personal data is used
- The lawful bases (legal conditions) under which we use personal data
- The retention periods of personal data
- Who we share your personal data with
- Where personal data is transferred, internationally
- The measures taken to protect and secure your personal data
- Your data subject rights and how to request information
- What to do if you no longer want us to hold your personal data
This privacy notice is subject to regular review and change, so please refer to it periodically. For questions regarding Venari Security data processing or personal data collection, please contact us via [email protected]
How Venari Security Collects Personal Data
We collect personal data about you when you complete our newsletter subscription form or create an account. We will request your explicit consent to send marketing communications. We do not sell or share personal data about you to third parties, except for our contracted service providers who maintain our website hosting, competitions, payment services, surveys, and newsletters.
We use these technologies to collect the type of device you use to access our site. When using our software or services, we will collect topological information on network components, estate infrastructure, and encrypted traffic as part of the operating functionality of the Venari Security solution(s).The different types of personal data that are collected.
The different types of personal data that are collected
We collect the following types of personal data:
- Contact details such as your name, gender, age, email address, mailing address, and phone number - Surveys and Market Research
- Financial information to complete a transaction such as payment for services
- Information that may be publicly available from sources such as public databases, social media platforms, and other third parties, which we may combine with personal data we already hold
- When using the Venari Security solution(s) across networks, IP, MAC addresses and geolocational data may be collected.
- Venari Security does not knowingly collect children’s data or any special category (sensitive) personal data within Its Marketing or Technical data processing operations
- For external experts, contractors, legal advisors, job applicants, and consultants, we also may collect the following information ourselves or through a third party:
- Professional and educational qualifications, accreditations, work experience, affiliations, publications, and curriculum vitae
How personal data is used
Venari Security process personal data to:
- Provide the services offered on our website and manage your account
- Better communicate our (and our partners') services, news, and offers to you
- Measure the services we provide, to ensure they are used safely, securely, and fairly
- Monitor and improve the quality of our services including compiling statistics for analysis of sites, businesses, products, and services
- Handle enquiries, complaints, and investigations
- Researching and understanding the market needs to improve our marketing effectiveness
- Contact and interact with you, including providing important notices and updates, such as changes to our terms and policies, security alerts, and administrative messages
- Inform applicants of job opportunities, offers, or rejections
- Manage general enquiries
- Ensure we can meet legal, regulatory, and governing body requirements and guidance, including complying with demands and requests made by regulators, government bodies, courts, and law enforcement authorities
- Protect against, investigate, and act against cybersecurity issues, fraud, suspicious events, or other illegal or harmful activities.
We will use personal data only for the original purposes under which it was collected (including consent) and we will take appropriate steps to keep that personal data accurate, complete, and up to date.
The lawful bases under which we use personal data
Venari Security operates under a variety of privacy laws, rules, and regulations that require us to demonstrate a lawful basis when processing your personal data. These include:
- Consent: where you have provided your consent for us to process your personal data for one or more specific purposes, notably Marketing and communications
- Contract: we may need to process your personal data in connection with a contract to which you are a party (for example, to offer or provide to you, or to obtain from you, products, or services), or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- Legal obligation: where the processing of your personal data is necessary for us to comply with a legal and/or regulatory obligation
- Public interest: where the processing of your personal data is necessary for us to perform a specific task in the public interest.
- Legitimate interest: where we have a legitimate business interest in processing personal data and, on evaluation, your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making unless we have a lawful basis for doing so. All such processing will always be communicated by notices and notifications.
The retention periods of personal data
Venari Security retains your personal information for only as long as the period required by law and statutory prescription unless there is a reason to extend the retention period due to extraordinary business need, legal action, or an associated investigation. Once a retention period has ended, Venari Security takes appropriate steps to dispose of personal information across all areas Including Its supply chain.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties and suppliers, including:
- Agents, vendors, suppliers, and business partners, such as technology service providers, consultants, and contractors
- Professional advisors including auditors, legal counsel, and financial advisors
- Regulators, government bodies, and law enforcement authorities
- Other third parties in connection with operating any part of our business
Where personal data is transferred, internationally
Your personal information may be transferred by Venari Security Ltd and its trusted third parties to, and otherwise processed in, countries outside of your home country. To the extent, the data privacy laws in the countries to which your personal information is transferred may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country, we will take appropriate steps, by applicable data protection and privacy laws, to maintain an adequate level of protection and security for your personal information when it is transferred outside of your home country.
The measures taken to protect and secure your personal data
We adopt a variety of security measures, defined procedures, and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction in line with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We expect our third parties to adhere to the same requirements of data protection as stipulated in our contract terms with them. We do not share or sell personal data about you with third parties, except for storing your data on our contracted service providers who maintain our website hosting, competitions, surveys, payment services, and newsletters.
Your data subject rights and how to request information
Venari Security complies with data privacy laws such as the GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018. These laws and regulations provide data subjects with several rights over their personal information. Under this law and regulations, you may be entitled to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (in circumstances where Venari Security has previously obtained your consent)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch via [email protected] If you wish to raise a complaint, refer to the Data Protection Authority section for further information. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights).
What to do if you no longer want us to hold your personal data.
If you no longer wish to share your personal information with us, you can always request Its removal. Similarly, if you object to Venari Security processing your personal information, or if you have provided your consent and later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice following our legal obligations.
In some cases, this might mean that we are not able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes as set out in this notice or that you may be unable to make use of Venari Security’s products or services, so the request cannot be reasonably fulfilled.
If you have any questions specifically about this privacy notice or wish to make a data subject request, please email [email protected]
Alternatively contact us at:
Venari Security, LTD
16 Great Queen Street
Data Protection Authority
Venari Security welcomes all concerns, enquiries, and requests for its personal data processing and aims to address all fairly and quickly. If you are unsatisfied with our response, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office by following the link here (ICO).